There are many reasons a person might need to see a podiatrist. While everyone should have a foot examination from time to time, it is especially important diabetics do so since the health of their feet can easily be compromised due to their disease. It is vital people are able to recognize the warning signs they might need to see a Podiatrist in Racine WI. A podiatrist can examine the feet and properly diagnose them so the right treatment can be put into place.
* If one has an open sore that is not properly healing, it needs to be checked by a podiatrist. Ulcerations and open sores are especially difficult to treat in patients who are diabetic.
* Swelling that is only occurring in one foot should not be ignored. When swelling does not respond to ice or elevation, it is important one is checked by the Podiatrist in Racine WI so the cause can be found.
* Yellowed, thickened nails are a sign of fungal infection. While some people do not experience any major irritation with the fungus, some can experience itching on their toes and pain. It is important this is treated by the podiatrist because most over-the-counter fungal treatments are not strong enough to be effective in fighting the fungus and clearing the nails.
* When an ingrown toenail occurs, it can become infected and very painful. If one feels their ingrown toenail pain is progressing, it is important they seek treatment right away so infection can be avoided and the nail can be removed.
* Heel pain is often caused by plantar fasciitis. It can also be caused by an injury, heel spurs, and arthritis. If one is experiencing ongoing heel pain that is worsening in severity, it is important they have their feet examined by a doctor.
Any time a person’s feet are experiencing ongoing pain, changes in color, or swelling, it is important the cause is found. If you would like to learn more about the services provided by the podiatrist, Visit Greatlakesfootankle.com. If you are dealing with foot pain or other issues, call the office and schedule an appointment so you can find relief.